WHY THIS TRIP
Mountain bike on amazing trails in the Andes Mountains north of Quito, by crater lakes and volcanoes, and through high altitude forests. Experience the history and culture of the region by exploring pre-Inca ruins, riding through small villages, and visiting indigenous markets.
Explore Ecuador’s northern Andes as you ride an exclusive selection of high-quality trails. Our guides developed this itinerary to offer the perfect combination of riding experience, scenery, and comfort. You’ll enjoy exceptional riding on scenic trails surrounded by volcanoes, crater lakes, cloud forests, and ancient ruins. You’ll also experience ancient Imbaya culture as we pass through small towns seemingly untouched by time and learn about the history of this unique pre-Inca society. The great rides and scenery are complemented by fine accommodations in colonial haciendas, a scenic train ride, and a visit to one of the world’s largest indigenous markets.
- Explore rural villages and mountainous landscapes on Ecuador’s best biking routes
- Admire volcanoes and crater lakes as you travel along the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- Visit the ancient fortress of Quitoloma and its secluded surroundings
- Bargain for handicrafts at Otavalo, one of the largest markets in Latin America
- Take a scenic train ride through a dry forest ecosystem and fruit plantations
- Ride through the unique and endangered Giant Espeletia forest
LOCAL OPERATOR: NEOTROPIC
A pioneer of the multisport experience in the Galapagos and mainland Ecuador, Quito-based Ecuador Adventures provides meaningful, fun and safe eco-adventure experiences reflecting the company’s strong commitment to sustainable eco-tourism in Ecuador.