WHY THIS TRIP
This journey is the result of a decade of exploration, research, trailblazing, and planning. A truly unique trip to immerse yourself in Ecuador’s diverse landscapes and culture. Hits trekking highlights like Cotopaxi and Cuicocha Crater Lake, as well as hidden gems nestled in the Andes mountains and Amazon basin. Hikes are from 4.5 to 7.5 miles (7 to 12 km) per day, and are easy to moderate.
- Get off the beaten path to discover incredible places most tourists miss.
- Unique hikes take you through an incredible variety of environments.
- Hike through paramo, cloud forest, rainforest, and dry forest ecosystems.
- Encounter a vast array of native wildlife and plants.
- Discover the spiritual world of the Kichwa Indians.
- Relax and rejuvenate in the mineral-rich, curative Papallacta hot springs.
- Hike along the slopes of the highest active volcano in the world.
This epic adventure follows some of Ecuador’s best hiking trails through national parks and nature reserves while you enjoy quality accommodations and authentic cuisine in colonial haciendas and rustic eco-lodges. Discover an extraordinary array of environments as you hike through vast landscapes full of wildlife and wonder, experiencing seven ecosystems in seven days. Learn about the rich history and culture of Ecuador’s indigenous tribes during fascinating Kichwa community visits. Only in Ecuador you can experience this level of natural and cultural diversity while hiking world-class trails through unique, remote landscapes.
LOCAL OPERATOR: NEOTROPIC
A pioneer of the multisport experience in the Galapagos, Quito-based Ecuador Adventures provides meaningful, fun and safe eco-adventure experiences reflecting the company’s strong commitment to sustainable eco-tourism in Ecuador.