- SUP in the heart of the Amazon Jungle, the highest biodiverse zone on earth.
- See 10 different kind of monkeys and search for hundreds of birds, amphibians and reptiles.
- Swim and play on quality SOL Boards and equipment.
- Walk in giant tree forests, with over 60 types of orchids, and thousands of species of plants.
- Discover nocturnal wildlife during evening walks.
- Enjoy the service, comfort, and cuisine of the top eco-lodge in the area.
- Naturalist guides are your liaison to wildlife and local culture.
- Visit a Siona indigenous community to learn about their millenary culture and ways of life.
- Your SUP tour supports the local economy and helps prevent deforestation.
- Travel safely under (ACA) American Canoe Association SUP Standards.
The Cuyabeno Reserve is the largest river lake system in the Ecuadorian Amazon. As you paddle along its waterways, you ́ll encounter its amazing display of beauty, wildlife and astounding biodiversity. This region is home to the greatest concentration of life per square mile in the world. The Cuyabeno is a complex system of lagoons, channels and rivers in the flooded tropical rain forest, making this 1,500,000 acres of protected forest a Stand Up Paddling paradise. Paddle the river lakes and waterways and marvel at hundreds of species of tropical birds, monkeys, reptiles, pink river dolphins, and possibly the Amazonian manatee.
LOCAL OPERATOR: NeoTropic Expeditions
A pioneer of the multisport experience in the Galapagos, Quito-based NeoTropic Expeditions (formerly Ecuador Adventure) provides meaningful, fun and safe eco-adventure experiences reflecting the company’s strong commitment to sustainable eco-tourism in Ecuador.