TERMS & CONDITIONS OF DETOUR
Detour acts only as an agent for the various independent suppliers that provide hotel accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, activities, or other services connected with this tour. Such services are subject to the terms and conditions of those suppliers. Detour, LLC and their respective employees, agents, representatives, and assigns accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect, default of any company or person in performing these services. Responsibility is not accepted for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws, or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided. Detour, LLC is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects of any individual participating in the tours /trips arranged by Detour, LLC. Individual travelers are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired, that will cover some of the expenses associated with the loss of luggage or personal effects.
If you cancel the trip at any point after confirmation, you will forfeit a $100 per person handling fee to Detour. This is separate and in addition to the fees, deposits, and payments potentially owed to the tour operator (see information below).
If you decide to make any changes to your trip (changes to your itinerary, travel dates, tours, or accommodations) after it is booked, you will incur a $50 change fee per person, per change. Unavoidable changes (such as those imposed by an international flight schedule change) will not incur this fee. Adding on services before or after your confirmed tour will not incur this fee.
Rate Changes to Domestic Flights, Park Entrance Fees, Government Taxes and Fuel Surcharges:
The rates for all these items are subject to change at any point and these fees or fee changes can be imposed on any trip, even after a trip has been confirmed and paid for in full. These rate changes are beyond the control of Detour or our local operating partners. Oftentimes, these changes are imposed by government decree and take effect immediately. While this is a rare occurrence and the rate changes themselves are typically quite small, these changes are unpredictable and sometimes unavoidable. Travelers are responsible for any additional costs or fees due to these rate changes, even after the trip is paid in full.
Checking Your Passport Expiration Date:
Some governments, notably Ecuador’s and Peru’s, require that your passport is valid for at least six months after you depart the country. Other countries require your passport to be valid for three months after you depart the country.
It is your responsibility as a traveler to check the entry/exit regulations of the country you are traveling to and to check our passport expiration date to ensure it is valid for your dates of travel.
Passports and Traveler Details:
Passengers are responsible for sending up-to-date and correct information that is requested in the “Trip Reservation Form.” If any of those details change, it is the passenger’s responsibility to notify Detour of the change before the trip departure. If you need to renew your passport prior to your trip, you must notify Detour that you will be renewing your passport and you will have to email a scanned copy of both your old and new passports to Detour. Additionally, you will have to bring both passports with you on your trip. Please make sure that you request to receive your old passport at the start of the renewal process.
Airport transfer rates are based on group size with the assumption that all travelers will be taking the same transfer. If some travelers in your personal group arrive or depart on different days or at different times, additional airport transfers will have to be booked and the passenger is responsible for this additional cost.
METROPOLITAN TOURING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
On Metropolitan’s own products in the Galapagos: Yacht La Pinta, Santa Cruz II, Yacht Isabela II and Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel for individuals (FITs), cancellations, the following applies:
- If cancellation is received between the date of booking until 61 days prior to the date our services are due to begin, we will charge 15% as a cancellation fee. This deposit cannot be transferred to another booking.
- If cancellation is received between 60 and 0 days prior to the date our services are due to begin, we will charge 100% as a cancellation fee.
- For departure dates during PeaK Season
- If cancellation is received between the date of booking until 121 days prior to the date our services are due to begin, we will charge 25% as a cancellation fee.
- If cancellation is received between 120 and 0 days prior to the date our services are due to begin, we will charge 100% cancellation fee.
On all cancellations for land services received between 15 days and 4 days prior the date our services are due to begin, we will charge 50% of the total service. In the case of cancellations received between 3 and 0 days prior to the date our services are due to begin, we will charge 100% of the total service, in addition to any cancellation fee generated directly by the supplier (airline, hotels or other).
Third Party Products (Galapagos)
In this case, all services will be subject to the policies and conditions established by each operator.
Any exception to the policies outlined here (groups and charters) are subject to those policies indicated in the contract signed with Metropolitan Touring.
Special Cancellation Policies
Applies only for Metropolitan Touring Galapagos products
• In the case of a cancellation, deposits made as part of a booking are non-refundable and not transferable to another departure.
• In the case of a cancellation due to medical reasons, we require a medical certificate. With this, we will provide a credit note of a value of 50% of the booking for the guest. This credit note is valid for another departure for one year from the cancellation date. This credit note will not be issued for departures during Peak Season.
• In the case of cancellation due to death, we require a certificate. With this, we will provide a credit note of a value of 50% of the booking for a future departure by a friend or family member. This credit note is valid for another departure for one year from the cancellation date. This credit note will not be issued for departures during Peak Season.
• Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to pass on to its guests (including fully paid and deposited guests) any taxes and fees imposed by government or quasi-government agencies that relate specifically to a guest’s itinerary. “Taxes and fees” include any and all fees, charges, surcharges, tolls and taxes imposed by governmental or quasi-governmental authorities including, but not limited to, customs fees, per person berth taxes or fees, embarkation and/or disembarkation fees at ports, airline transportation fees, dockage fees, and wharfage fees.
Fuel Supplements or Surcharges
• Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to charge a per person fuel supplement if the price of fuel increases any time prior to sailing up to and including the day of embarkation.
• Metropolitan Touring may collect any taxes, government fees/quasi government fees and fuel supplement (the “Surcharges”) at the time of booking, prior to sailing or on board the vessel, even if the cruise fare has been paid in full. Surcharges will be invoiced accordingly.
Guests’ Fitness, Behaviour and Medical Conditions
• By booking a cruise and by boarding the ship, the guest represents and warrants that he/she is physically and otherwise fit to travel, and that the guest will comply at all times with applicable rules and regulations of the ship and orders and instructions of the ship’s officers and medical staff.
• Metropolitan Touring reserves the right without liability to require a guest to disembark and/or to refuse to board and transport a guest who, in the judgment of Metropolitan Touring or the ship’s Captain, is unfit to travel or may require care beyond that which Metropolitan Touring is reasonably able to provide.
We strongly recommend you check that your guests have adequate travel insurance to cover any eventualities.
General Itinerary or Vessel Changes
• All fares, offers, savings, programmes and itineraries are subject to change without notice.
• Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions.
• Itinerary arrival and departure times are always subject to change without notice.
• Due to the circumstances of operating inside the Galápagos National Park, whose rules and regulations can be changed by the park authorities, and due to the operational constraints of a maritime environment, Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to cancel, alter, advance, postpone or substitute any scheduled sailing or itinerary, substitute another vessel for the scheduled ship, or substitute or cancel scheduled island visits, which, in its sole judgment and discretion, is justified for any reason, and to do so without liability for any loss whatsoever to guests as a result of said change(s).
Although we will always endeavour to find alternatives to solve an issue with a charter, such as alternative dates aboard the same vessel, or an upgrade to another of our company’s vessels, Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to cancel reservations and bookings in the event of a full-ship charter, whether or not a deposit or full payment has been received, and in such event, Metropolitan Touring’s only liability will be to refund the guest the amount it has received.
Metropolitan Touring and its agents act only as agents for passengers in all matters pertaining to transportation, accommodations or services not provided directly by Metropolitan Touring, which are not subject to its control and therefore assume no liability. As agents, all tickets, exchange orders or vouchers issued by independent suppliers are subject to any and all terms and conditions under which such means of transportation, accommodations or other services are offered or provided. Metropolitan Touring and its agents will not be liable for injury, death, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle furnished by any such other party, firm or corporation or through the acts of default, whether negligent or willful, of any company or person engaged in conveying the passenger or in carrying out or failing to carry out the arrangements previously agreed upon, nor for the negligent misconduct of any such other party, firm or corporation. In the same way Metropolitan Touring is not responsible for the loss, theft, or robbery of luggage while it is in charge of the airline or hotel, as is outside the control, surveillance and direct supervision of the company. The passenger contract in use by the airlines concerned, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the airline and the purchaser of these and/ or passenger. Metropolitan Touring will not be held responsible and will assume no liability for injuries, losses or additional expenses due to delays or interruption of travel, changes in schedules, damage or loss of baggage, acts of God, sickness, weather conditions, technical problems of any aircraft, vehicle, vessel or other means of conveyance, strikes, war, terrorist activity, civil commotion or any cause beyond the control of Metropolitan Touring. We suggest that you book an insurance policy with your Travel Agency.