TERMS & CONDITIONS OF DETOUR
Detour acts only as an agent for the various independent suppliers that provide hotel accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, activities, or other services connected with this tour. Such services are subject to the terms and conditions of those suppliers. Detour, LLC and their respective employees, agents, representatives, and assigns accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect, default of any company or person in performing these services. Responsibility is not accepted for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws, or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided. Detour, LLC is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects of any individual participating in the tours /trips arranged by Detour, LLC. Individual travelers are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired, that will cover some of the expenses associated with the loss of luggage or personal effects.
If you cancel the trip at any point after confirmation, you will forfeit a $100 per person handling fee to Detour. This is separate and in addition to the fees, deposits, and payments potentially owed to the tour operator (see information below).
If you decide to make any changes to your trip (changes to your itinerary, travel dates, tours, or accommodations) after it is booked, you will incur a $50 change fee per person, per change. Unavoidable changes (such as those imposed by an international flight schedule change) will not incur this fee. Adding on services before or after your confirmed tour will not incur this fee.
Rate Changes to Domestic Flights, Park Entrance Fees, Government Taxes and Fuel Surcharges:
The rates for all these items are subject to change at any point and these fees or fee changes can be imposed on any trip, even after a trip has been confirmed and paid for in full. These rate changes are beyond the control of Detour or our local operating partners. Oftentimes, these changes are imposed by government decree and take effect immediately. While this is a rare occurrence and the rate changes themselves are typically quite small, these changes are unpredictable and sometimes unavoidable. Travelers are responsible for any additional costs or fees due to these rate changes, even after the trip is paid in full.
Checking Your Passport Expiration Date:
Some governments, notably Ecuador’s and Peru’s, require that your passport is valid for at least six months after you depart the country. Other countries require your passport to be valid for three months after you depart the country.
It is your responsibility as a traveler to check the entry/exit regulations of the country you are traveling to and to check our passport expiration date to ensure it is valid for your dates of travel.
Passports and Traveler Details:
Passengers are responsible for sending up-to-date and correct information that is requested in the “Trip Reservation Form.” If any of those details change, it is the passenger’s responsibility to notify Detour of the change before the trip departure. If you need to renew your passport prior to your trip, you must notify Detour that you will be renewing your passport and you will have to email a scanned copy of both your old and new passports to Detour. Additionally, you will have to bring both passports with you on your trip. Please make sure that you request to receive your old passport at the start of the renewal process.
Airport transfer rates are based on group size with the assumption that all travelers will be taking the same transfer. If some travelers in your personal group arrive or depart on different days or at different times, additional airport transfers will have to be booked and the passenger is responsible for this additional cost.
GALAGENTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Penalties for Cancellations of FITS (Individual Travelers):
- Cancellations received between date of confirmation and 90 days before cruise start date: Full refund, minus a $100 per person handling fee
- Cancellations received between 89 and 60 days before the cruise start date: only rescheduling is allowed
- Cancellations received between 59 and 0 days before the start cruise date: penalty of 100% of the cruise price
Date Changes for FITs (Individual Travelers):
- Date changes made between date of confirmation and 60 days before the cruise start date: Date change without penalty, However, the cruise price is subject to change.
- Date changes made between 59 to 0 days before cruise start date: A date change is only possible for COVID related reasons.
- In order to reconfirm your request we require a first deposit of 20% of the total amount of the cruise. If no deposit is received within 8 business days of the booking, the reservation request will be cancelled automatically.
- A second deposit of 10% is needed 120 days before cruise departure. If no deposit is received, the reservation will be cancelled automatically.
- Balance must be paid 45 days prior departure cruise date.
Penalties for Cancellations of Charters:
- Cancellations received with more than 120 days before the cruise date: penalty of 10% of the total amount of charter
- Cancellations made between 119-45 days before the cruise date: penalty of 30% of the total amount of charter.
- Cancellations made 44 or fewer days before departure date: penalty of 100%
- Any changes to the above indications are not valid unless confirmed by written by our reservation department.
Note: No refund will be provided for cancellation due to cancelled, delayed or missed flights; penalties for cancellation do not change in case of illness or natural disasters. We recommend to passengers obtain a Travel / trip cancellation insurance to better protect themselves.