TERMS & CONDITIONS OF DETOUR
Detour acts only as an agent for the various independent suppliers that provide hotel accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, activities, or other services connected with this tour. Such services are subject to the terms and conditions of those suppliers. Detour, LLC and their respective employees, agents, representatives, and assigns accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect, default of any company or person in performing these services. Responsibility is not accepted for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws, or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided. Detour, LLC is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects of any individual participating in the tours /trips arranged by Detour, LLC. Individual travelers are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired, that will cover some of the expenses associated with the loss of luggage or personal effects.
If you cancel the trip at any point after confirmation, you will forfeit a $100 per person handling fee to Detour. This is separate and in addition to the fees, deposits, and payments potentially owed to the tour operator (see information below).
If you decide to make any changes to your trip (changes to your itinerary, travel dates, tours, or accommodations) after it is booked, you will incur a $50 change fee per person, per change. Unavoidable changes (such as those imposed by an international flight schedule change) will not incur this fee. Adding on services before or after your confirmed tour will not incur this fee.
Rate Changes to Domestic Flights, Park Entrance Fees, Government Taxes and Fuel Surcharges:
The rates for all these items are subject to change at any point and these fees or fee changes can be imposed on any trip, even after a trip has been confirmed and paid for in full. These rate changes are beyond the control of Detour or our local operating partners. Oftentimes, these changes are imposed by government decree and take effect immediately. While this is a rare occurrence and the rate changes themselves are typically quite small, these changes are unpredictable and sometimes unavoidable. Travelers are responsible for any additional costs or fees due to these rate changes, even after the trip is paid in full.
Checking Your Passport Expiration Date:
Some governments, notably Ecuador’s and Peru’s, require that your passport is valid for at least six months after you depart the country. Other countries require your passport to be valid for three months after you depart the country.
It is your responsibility as a traveler to check the entry/exit regulations of the country you are traveling to and to check our passport expiration date to ensure it is valid for your dates of travel.
Passports and Traveler Details:
Passengers are responsible for sending up-to-date and correct information that is requested in the “Trip Reservation Form.” If any of those details change, it is the passenger’s responsibility to notify Detour of the change before the trip departure. If you need to renew your passport prior to your trip, you must notify Detour that you will be renewing your passport and you will have to email a scanned copy of both your old and new passports to Detour. Additionally, you will have to bring both passports with you on your trip. Please make sure that you request to receive your old passport at the start of the renewal process.
Airport transfer rates are based on group size with the assumption that all travelers will be taking the same transfer. If some travelers in your personal group arrive or depart on different days or at different times, additional airport transfers will have to be booked and the passenger is responsible for this additional cost.
ANGERMEYER CRUISES (ANDANDO TOURS) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Cancellation Policies for Galapagos Cruises
- Individual Travelers
- Reservations canceled between the confirmation and 121 days prior to the cruise start date incur a penalty of 10% of the price of the cruise.
- Reservations canceled between 120 and 61 days prior to the cruise start date incur a penalty of 20% of the price of the cruise.
- Reservations canceled between 60 days and the cruise start date incur a penalty of 100% of the price of the cruise.
- Charters of the Mary Anne and the Passion
- Reservations canceled between the day of the reservation and 120 days prior to the cruise start date incur a penalty of 10% of the price of the charter.
- Reservations canceled between 119 and 45 days prior to the cruise start date incur a penalty of 30% of the price of the charter.
- Reservations canceled between 45 days and the cruise start date incur a penalty of 100% of the price of the charter. However, if Andando Tours is able to sell some or all of the canceled spaces, the client-agency will be reimbursed for the equivalent amount, less a 10% of the net value of the charter kept back as cancellation fee.
- Charter of Other Cruises
- When chartering vessels not operated directly by Andando Tours, the payment and cancelation policies of the vessel to be chartered will apply. Andando Tours will send a detailed of the vessels’ payment and cancelation policies together with the charter offer for the clients reviewing. By confirming the offered charter, the client agrees to the payment and cancelation policies included in the charter proposal.
- Individual Travelers
- Cancellation Policies for Mainland Ecuador Services
- Cancellations between 30 and 16 days prior to the day of the tour/service have a penalty of 30% of the value of the tour/service as a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations between 15 and 09 days prior to the day of the tour/service have a penalty of 50% of the value of the tour/service as a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations between 08 days and the day of the tour/service have a penalty of 100% of the value of the tour/service as a cancellation fee.
- Please note that if you have a reservation at the Plaza Grande Hotel the cancellation has to be 31 days or more prior to the day of arrival, otherwise a full cancellation fee will be charged.