TERMS & CONDITIONS OF DETOUR
Detour acts only as an agent for the various independent suppliers that provide hotel accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, activities, or other services connected with this tour. Such services are subject to the terms and conditions of those suppliers. Detour, LLC and their respective employees, agents, representatives, and assigns accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect, default of any company or person in performing these services. Responsibility is not accepted for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws, or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided. Detour, LLC is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects of any individual participating in the tours /trips arranged by Detour, LLC. Individual travelers are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired, that will cover some of the expenses associated with the loss of luggage or personal effects.
If you cancel the trip at any point after confirmation, you will forfeit a $100 per person handling fee to Detour. This is separate and in addition to the fees, deposits, and payments potentially owed to the tour operator (see information below).
If you decide to make any changes to your trip (changes to your itinerary, travel dates, tours, or accommodations) after it is booked, you will incur a $50 change fee per person, per change. Unavoidable changes (such as those imposed by an international flight schedule change) will not incur this fee. Adding on services before or after your confirmed tour will not incur this fee.
Rate Changes to Domestic Flights, Park Entrance Fees, Government Taxes and Fuel Surcharges:
The rates for all these items are subject to change at any point and these fees or fee changes can be imposed on any trip, even after a trip has been confirmed and paid for in full. These rate changes are beyond the control of Detour or our local operating partners. Oftentimes, these changes are imposed by government decree and take effect immediately. While this is a rare occurrence and the rate changes themselves are typically quite small, these changes are unpredictable and sometimes unavoidable. Travelers are responsible for any additional costs or fees due to these rate changes, even after the trip is paid in full.
Checking Your Passport Expiration Date:
Some governments, notably Ecuador’s and Peru’s, require that your passport is valid for at least six months after you depart the country. Other countries require your passport to be valid for three months after you depart the country.
It is your responsibility as a traveler to check the entry/exit regulations of the country you are traveling to and to check our passport expiration date to ensure it is valid for your dates of travel.
Passports and Traveler Details:
Passengers are responsible for sending up-to-date and correct information that is requested in the “Trip Reservation Form.” If any of those details change, it is the passenger’s responsibility to notify Detour of the change before the trip departure. If you need to renew your passport prior to your trip, you must notify Detour that you will be renewing your passport and you will have to email a scanned copy of both your old and new passports to Detour. Additionally, you will have to bring both passports with you on your trip. Please make sure that you request to receive your old passport at the start of the renewal process.
Airport transfer rates are based on group size with the assumption that all travelers will be taking the same transfer. If some travelers in your personal group arrive or depart on different days or at different times, additional airport transfers will have to be booked and the passenger is responsible for this additional cost.
ANDEAN TRAVEL COMPANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS POLICY
- To confirm your booking: 20% deposit
- 151 Days Prior to Departure: 20% second deposit
- 90 Days Prior to Departure: 60% (Remainder of payment including flights)
FITS (Individual Travelers)
- Confirmation date – 121 days before departure: $100 per person penalty fee
- 120 – 61 days before departure: 20% penalty fee
- 60 days or less before departure: 100% penalty fee
- Confirmation date – 179 days before departure: $1600 penalty fee
- 150 – 121 days before departure: 20% penalty fee
- 120 – 91 days before departure: 40% penalty fee
- 90 days or less before departure: 100% penalty fee
TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN
20% child discount rate. Only applicable for one child under 12 years of age traveling with 2 adults.
Children of all ages are accepted on board but parents are held fully responsible and liable for their children during the entire cruise.
- Flight schedules are subject to change at any time.
- After issuing your ticket, the flight schedule could still be subject to change, due to any last minute airline changes and/or flight cancellations.
- We cannot be held responsible for any changes in flight schedules made by the airlines.
- We strongly recommend to avoid booking an international connecting flight on your day of return from Galapagos, as flight delays and cancellations occur with a certain frequency. We cannot be held responsible for any missed (inter)national flight connections.