Here’s the nitty gritty on flights within the Galapagos.
Emetebe is the airline of the Galapagos and your only choice for flying between islands. Their fleet of Britten Norman Islanders have room for 8 in the main cabin. Because of their low carrying capacity, it is a good idea to pre-arrange your flights prior to your trip. All of our Galapagos trips include the necessary inter-island transportation.
Baggage Restrictions: Guests are allowed 1 checked luggage of no more than 20 lbs + 1 small carry on.
You can fly from Baltra Island (servicing Santa Cruz Island), Isabela Island, and San Cristobal. Times subject to change.
- Baltra – San Cristobal departs at 9:30 am
- Baltra – Isabela departs at 12:30 pm
- San Cristobal to Baltra departs at 10:30 am
- San Cristobal to Isabela departs at 7:30 am *
- Isabela to Baltra departs at 8:30 am
- Isabela to San Cristobal departs at 1:30 pm *
*Note: There are no direct speedboats between these two islands. You’ll lose most of the day to travel if you route by speedboat. It is best to fly between San Cristobal and Isabela islands.
Here’s a short clip on what it’s like to fly on these small puddle jumpers,
Want more info on getting around in the Galapagos, check out our Galapagos Travel Planning Guide.