WHY THIS TRIP
The Galaxy II Eco Catamaran is one of the newest boats in the Galapagos, and the most efficient first class boat out there! The Galaxy II is spacious and comfortable, offering high quality service, delicious food, knowledgeable and helpful guides and professional crew.
The Galaxy II Eco Catamaran was built with an ecological propose: reduce the negative environmental impact of tourism.
- Lowest fuel consumption of all the 16 passenger first class vessels in the Galapagos
- Reuse water, once it has been treated, we will use it to wash external parts of the boat
- Energy Savings, through use of LED lamps and bulbs.
- In construction, minimum use of wood.
- Our food is prepared with locally grown products, supporting the island’s local population.
- Every 3 months: training to our staff in: customer service, conservation of the islands, species invasion
- Use water-saving faucets
- Our clean and bath products are biodegradable
- Paint free of tin
- Use of non-toxic refrigerants
- Support to local foundations and schools
LOCAL OPERATOR: GALAGENTS
Galagents owns and operates on two boats in the Galapagos: the Galaxy Yacht and Galaxy II Eco Catamaran. They put a great deal of thought and care into their boats, guide and crew selection, and itineraries. As a consequence of their commitment with the environment in the Galapagos Islands to develop responsible tourism, and their work in the local community, they have been rewarded important local commendations: the Galapagos Quality and international award for Smart Voyager Certification.